If you want to make a spicy salmon dish, today we will help you regarding this by giving you Maple Salmon cooking tutorial. The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. This recipe is pretty good. I would specify that cooking salmon is not as simple as placing in oven for x amount of time. You should cook salmon based on thickness.
A Quick Tip : Usually maple fishes are not available in market. So you can buy directly a fresh maple fish tray on www.fishonplate.com.
Here is the detailed recipe:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound salmon
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve with green coriander to your guests.
Today I will teach you to make yummy fish fry .Its a lovely serving of fried fish from down South. Fish enriched with ginger, methi seeds, coriander powder and fried crisp. One of my favorite food!! This is one item which I find very hard to resist.
A Quick Fish Purchasing Tip : To make an kerala fish fryyou need to buy a fresh king fish,Dont worry you can buy it from www.fishonplate.com in India.
How could I resist the joy of having a fresh king fish fry, its really bad to say “NO” to such simple pleasures of life, isn’t it 😉
The recipe given below is the standard one and you can play with it as you like….
- 1 medium sized fish
- 3 medium sized red onions/ shallots
- 2 dry red chili
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash fish, drain and keep aside.
- Then add grind ginger, chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, methi, vinegar and salt into a paste.
- Marinate the fish with the paste and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat oil and fry the fish pieces till they turn light brown in colour.
- Make sure that the flame is not too high.
- Pierce the fish with a knife and if it flakes easily it is cooked.
- Place the fish pieces on an absorbent paper to drain out the excess oil.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Today we will teach you a fish curry recipe with no oil. Fish cooked with tamarind juice, coconut, onions, tomatoes and chilies in a clay pot. Fresh, easy and quick. J
A Quick Fish Purchasing Tip : When buying a whole fish look for clear eyes, tight skin, and an equally clean smell. No fishy smell!
We at http://www.fishonplate.com serves you best quality and hygienic fish products. Book an order now.
- 1/2 kg fresh fish
- 1 bowl of tamarind juice
- Clay pot to cook
- 1 big onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons grinned coconut
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Curry leaves
- Take chopped fish in a bowl and add tamarind juice to it and let it stay for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the clay pot.
- Pour the fish in the clay pot and add chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Add grinned coconut mixed with turmeric powder.
- Then add green chilies and pour water and let it heat.
- Season with turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- Add curry leaves and finely chopped ginger.
- Bring it to boil.
- Serve with green coriander to your guests.
There is strong evidence that eating fish or taking fish oil is good for the heart and blood vessels. Fish and other seafood are rich in other nutrients such as vitamin D and selenium, high in protein, and low in saturated fat.
Fish Purchasing Tip : Look at the gills of the fish. They should be a rich red. If the fish is old, they will turn the color of faded brick.
Now you can order online for fresh and juicy raw seafood,fishes,meat in Delhi NCR. FishOnPlate is the India’s first online seafood seller.
For more information visit @http://www.fishonplate.com/
Today we are going to teach you, how to make Makhani Fish curry dish that can be prepared in minutes with the available ingredients in your kitchen.
- 1 lbs. of Tilapia, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup of tomato, chopped and pureed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1″ piece of ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves/kasoori methi
- 1 large tbsp of yogurt
- 1 n 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- a bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter
- In a microwave oven safe dish, add 2 tbsp of butter, heat for 30 seconds on 100% power.
- Next add the ginger garlic and cumin seeds paste, cook for 2 minutes on 100% power, make sure to stir in between.
- Next add the chopped onions and cook for another 2 minutes on 100% power, you need to stir the onions in between after a minute or so.
- Once the onion turns translucent, add the pureed tomato, tomato ketchup, dried fenugreek leaves, crushed red pepper, mix well, cook for 3 minutes on 100% power, make sure to stir in between.
- Next, add yogurt , fish pieces and salt, as required, mix the fish pieces well with the rest of spices, cook for another 2 minutes on 100% power.
- Add milk and gently stir the fish pieces in the gravy, check for salt and let cook for another minute on 100% power.Be very gentle while stirring, as the fish is more than half cooked now and tends to break.
- Lastly, sprinkle garam masala on top, add the chopped coriander leaves, let sit in the heat inside the microwave for some time.
- Serve hot with rice/pulao/fried rice, goes well with chapatis and parathas too.
Fish are normally low in fat and high in omega-3 unsaturated fats. White fish like cod are an incredible wellspring of low fat proteins while slick fish like sardines, salmon and mackerel are thick with omega-3 acids.
Purchasing Tip: For purchasing crisp fish – Look for the ones with clean splendid eyes. FishOnPlate is pioneer raw sea food chain in India provides raw fish, raw chicken, meat at your door steps. Check out listings @ http://www.fishonplate.com
Today we are going to teach you how to make “Crispy Masala Fried Pomfret”.
- Wash pom-fret, wait till it being dry, cut its tail and side wings.
- Take ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder, make paste and apply on fish, keep for 10 minutes.
- Take coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, mix well and apply on fish.
- Mix sooji, rice flour, salt together, deep fish in sooji mixture and coat well form both the sides.
- Shallow fry from both the sides in nonstick pan for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Served with green coriander to your guests.