Marinated raw fish is a delicious option to serve your guests in this summer. The suggested fish to make this item is snapper, but as a fairly common use you can also use kingfish, tuna or bean fish.
Fish Purchasing Tip: To ensure more hygienic and ethnic seafood nutrition in your meal , Buy FCI approved seafood in India @fishonplate.com
- 400g fresh filleted fish
- 3 Tblsp lime juice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red chilli finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tomato diced finely
- 1 Tblsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tblsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- Cut the fish fillets into 1cm pieces. Combine fish in a bowl with the lime juice, pressing down on fish slightly to submerge it.
- Cover the bowl then refrigerate for a couple of hours or until the fish is opaque and tender – the acid in the lime juice “cooks” the fish and causes it to change color and texture.
- Drain the fish well, discarding the lime juice. Combine the fish and coconut cream in a bowl and gently toss to combine well. Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately in salad leaves along with steamed rice .