When you’re deciding what kind of fish to buy? You should be aware of what nutrition values you will get for your seafood purchasing. The most important nutrition found in most of the fishes and seafood is omega 3 fatty acid, it is essential to take some diet of omega 3 acid in our daily food diet.
Fish Purchasing Tip : If you are confused what seafood or fish to buy according to their nutritious values reach us @fishonplate.com
here is a cumulative list of seafood nutritious values found in different raw seafoods :
- Best sources of omega 3 fatty acids: salmon, albacore tuna, mackerel, lake trout, Alaskan halibut, sardines, herring.
- Highest in protein per serving: tuna, salmon, snapper, swordfish. Most fish are similar in protein content. Best source of protein in grams per calorie of fish are: lobster, shrimp, tuna, cod.
- Highest vitamin B-12: clams, mackerel, herring, blue fin tuna, rainbow trout, and salmon.
- Highest in iron: clams, shrimp, mackerel, swordfish.
- Lowest in iron: orange roughy, snapper, sea bass.
- Highest in zinc: crab, lobster, swordfish, and clams.
- Highest in calcium: canned salmon with bones.
- Highest in total fat, saturated fats, and calories: mackerel.
- Lowest in total fat and saturated fat: lobster, orange roughy.
- Highest in cholesterol: shrimp, mackerel, lobster.
- Lowest in cholesterol: yellow fin tuna, albacore, tuna, snapper, halibut, grouper.
- Most risky fish for pollutants: wild catfish, shrimp, lake trout (warm-water fish and those in lakes from agrochemical run-off).
- Least risky fish for pollutants: deep-water ocean fish, salmon and tuna.