As you all knows that rolls make an instant base for easy home-made pizzas. These are topped with a mixture of seafood – canned tuna, cooked prawns and some squid rings – and are given an authentic Italian flavor with red pesto and mozzarella. Serve with a crisp green leaf and vegetable salad for a nutritious fast meal.
Prawns, like all shellfish, contain iodine, which is needed for the formation of thyroid hormones and the actual functioning of the thyroid gland. Tuna canned in spring water or brine contains half the calories of tuna canned in oil. Sweet corn provides a range of nutrients, including dietary fibre which is important to keep the digestive system functioning well. Now you can buy raw seafood like prawns, shellfish from http://fishonplate.com .
- 4 part-baked rolls
- 4 tbsp red pesto
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- sweet corn, about 200 g, well drained
- 125 g (4½ oz) mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 can tuna in spring water, about 200 g, drained and flaked
- 100 g cooked peeled prawns
- 100 g squid rings
- 8 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Put a heavy baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Split the rolls in half and spread the cut sides with the pesto, right to the edges. Arrange 3 slices of tomato on each half and sprinkle with the sweet corn and grated mozzarella.
- Divide the tuna, prawns and squid rings among the pizzas. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle each pizza with 1 tsp of oil.
- Put the pizzas on the hot baking sheet and bake for 10–12 minutes or until the cheese has just melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.