Today I will teach you to make yummy fish fry .Its a lovely serving of fried fish from down South. Fish enriched with ginger, methi seeds, coriander powder and fried crisp. One of my favorite food!! This is one item which I find very hard to resist.
A Quick Fish Purchasing Tip : To make an kerala fish fryyou need to buy a fresh king fish,Dont worry you can buy it from www.fishonplate.com in India.
How could I resist the joy of having a fresh king fish fry, its really bad to say “NO” to such simple pleasures of life, isn’t it 😉
The recipe given below is the standard one and you can play with it as you like….
- 1 medium sized fish
- 3 medium sized red onions/ shallots
- 2 dry red chili
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash fish, drain and keep aside.
- Then add grind ginger, chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, methi, vinegar and salt into a paste.
- Marinate the fish with the paste and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat oil and fry the fish pieces till they turn light brown in colour.
- Make sure that the flame is not too high.
- Pierce the fish with a knife and if it flakes easily it is cooked.
- Place the fish pieces on an absorbent paper to drain out the excess oil.
- Serve with steamed rice.